Temasek Polytechnic's
Diploma in Intelligent Building Technology
Double Bass.
Peavy International Series.
Vic Firth loyalty.
Full-fledged percussionist.
My Friendster
Percussion; beat of my life.
Books; story of the year.
Music; rhythm to everything.
Wednesday, January 17, 2007
Listening to: Trivium - Dying In Your Arms
Switching back from mainstream to non-mainstream songs. I believe I havent featured this song yet in any of my posts. And I must say, this is one of the best songs by Trivum, other that Pull Harder On The Strings Of Your Martyr and Departure. The band that got the most awards in the Underground Band Award, Golden Hammer Award, which is equivalent to Nobel Prize of its standard. Awards which include Best Guitarist, Best Drummer and Golden Hammer Award. And I must add, this song is not emo. Its nowhere near emo. And Im not emo (yes, Mao, you heard that right.) Im going to adress this finding i figured out not too long ago about mainstream and non-mainstream songs. But first, heres Trivium with Dying In Your Arms.
Ohh, did I mentioned that I can play this song? :P So as I was saying, about the mainstream songs. Currently, alot of people Ive known are listening to non-mainstream songs like, just to name a few, Atreyu, Breaking Benjamin, Trivium, Alesana, Bullet For My Valentine, The Juliana Theory, etc. etc. Technically, doesnt this make non-mainstream songs mainstream since alot of people are listening to it? And make mainstream songs like Justin Timberlake, The Veronicas, etc. etc, non-mainstream. If thats the case, MTV and MTV 2 should swap roles since more people are listening to bands which are pretty unheard of. Or is there another meaning to the word mainstream? Enlighten me please.
OKAY. So, my Psychology presentation is all set, just a few major make-over to the slides and compilation and I'm done with it. Open House is TOMORROW! HAHA! Cant wait. I mean, I cant wait for the open house since I can see all those newbies entering the school with their pathetic school uniforms trying to act cool. BUT what I dont look forward to with the Open House is the shirt that we are suppose to wear. It's BRIGHT PINK! Like Pink is not bad enough, now it's BRIGHT pink.
It looks more like those swimming costume people wear. =/
And the logo doesnt do justice on the whole look either. And check out the collar.
Now it'll be very hard to hide the collar.
Sighh. Ill think of something. But for now, got my PSPS presentation this Monday. They just keep coming dont they? Update soon. Real soon. Cyas. And good night!
"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." -Salvador Dali (1904 - 1989)