Temasek Polytechnic's
Diploma in Intelligent Building Technology
Double Bass.
Peavy International Series.
Vic Firth loyalty.
Full-fledged percussionist.
My Friendster
Percussion; beat of my life.
Books; story of the year.
Music; rhythm to everything.
Friday, March 2, 2007
Listening to: Avenged Sevenfold - Bat Country (Live in San Diego)
It's amazing how this band can perform better live than in CD. I mean, most bands doesnt perform even half as good as what they play on CD. One example is Trivium, which was surprising, since I mentioned in one of the previous post, they are the band that won the Golden Hammer Award. SO ANYWAY, back to a7x. And no, this band is not satanic. And they are not that religious either, contrary to listeners beliefs.
To quote M. Shadows, the lead singer for Avenged Sevenfold, also known as a7x by fans around the world,
"Anyone that read the lyrics and really knew anything about us, they would know we're not promoting either", he said. "That's one thing about this band that I love is that we never really shove any kind of, like, political or religious beliefs on people. We just, the music's there to entertain and maybe thought-provoking on both sides, but we don't try to, like, really shove anything down anyone's throat. There's too many bands that do that nowadays, I think."
And he is definitely right.
So yeah. Im just going to introduce this band for abit more before going off to the song and the POST-OF-THE-DAY.
M.Shadows (Matthew Charles Sanders) - Vocalist He had a minor surgical operation to repair his vocal strain after the first album, Sounding The Seventh Trumpet. This vocal strain was caused by a large amount of screaming. You can really tell the difference between his first album and the rest.
Synyster Gates (Brian Elwin Haner, Jr.) - Lead Guitarist Guitarist of the Year by Total Guitar Magazine Dimebag Darrell Award "Young Shredder" of the Year Best Shredder by Metal Hammer in the Golden God Awards.
Did you know Synyster and M. Shadows were featured in Good Charlotte's "The River"?
Im going to feature the rest (plus one of my favourite percussionists) in the next post, since Im going to try and cut this intro short. So, here you go. Avenged Sevenfold with Bat Country, live in San Diego.
Okay.
EXAM WEEK.
Okay maybe its too late to write that now, since Ive got just one more last exam tomorrow then Im free for the holidays. Well maybe not THAT free, since Ive decided to work. Yup. So just now I had my IWD paper. It was kinda tough. I just suddenly blacked out last minute and forgot most of what I memorised (technically I didnt memorise alot since time is a luxury I cant afford). After that all of us started worrying about DFUND, which is tomorrow. I went home and decided to take a short nap before going out to study with anybody. I was too tired that my short nap became a quite-a-long-nap. Woke up at 5pm and started to panic and call my friends who actually knows DFund. In the end, I took a cab to school to study with Mao, Kai, Fad, Weiqi, Joyce and Si Jie. We studied for about two hours in school before they decided to go to Serangoon to study. So Si Jie took his car and we travelled to Serangoon.
The ride to Serangoon was FUN! We were singing to JT's My Love and Sexyback. Actually Fad was doing more of the singing and Joyce was recording it. Mao was busy telling Fad to shut up, Kai was playing a racing game on my handphone (he was banging policemen) and me, I had to join in in making as much noice as possible. Then there was one point in time when the car was travelling at quite a fast speed and there was a hump in front. All of was was like screaming to Si Jie's ear, "HUMP! HUMP! HUUUUMPPP!" I pity that guy.
We manage to reach there safe and unharmed and started studying DFund. It was more of a discussion than a study thing as we all went around asking question. Everybody was so hyper even though it has been a long day. Wish we had more studying time like this.
Then on the way back, left with me, Fad, Mao, Wei An and our driver, Si Jie. First our topic was illegal U turns, drifting, and cutting the cabs (the song playing on the player was Fast and The Furious Tokyo Drift, ironical isnt it?), then the topic changed to O levels, Art (Mao), DNT (Fad), POA (Si Jie) and Biology (Me). Then start talking about SKL (cigarette). Then driver's licence. By the time we finish talking, we had reach Simei and I had to drop off.
So that's it for the day. It has been a FUN but tiring day. I want to give a shout-out to all those guys, namely Mao, Si Jie, Joyce, Fad, Kai and Wei Ann, who manage to turn this "boring" study thing to a fun and entertaining discussion. :)
Other than that something else happened this week. I dont want to mention it again, but if you are reading this, I dont know what's going on, but Im going to say thanks. Thanks for understanding.
"Do not weep; do not wax indignant. Understand." -Baruch Spinoza (1632 - 1677)